VAB Events Privacy Statement
Please take a moment to read through what information we would like to collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it. We do not share data for marketing purposes with third parties.
This policy relates to the data collected in connection with In House Recruitment Expo London held on 27-28 February 2018 at Olympia, London. It does not cover any other data processing activities conducted by VAB Events, its official sponsors or partners.
This statement was updated on 11 May 2018
1. WHO CONTROLS MY PERSONAL DATA?
The Data Controller is VAB Events Ltd. It is Registered in the UK Company Number: 8818807 & VAT no: 177569845
Its registered office is at Suite 3.4, 23 Banks Studios, Park Royal Road, London NW10 7LQ
The Data Controller’s representative is the Data Controller Officer
You can contact them at email@example.com
You can call them on 0208 563 7697
2. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING?
At In House Recruitment Expo 2018 – VAB Events Ltd will rely on ‘legitimate Interest’ to process personal data, as defined by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘legitimate interest ’ as it’s legal basis for processing personal data.
GDPR defines legitimate Interest as ‘ necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller” as defined in articles 6(1) (f) and Recital 47 affirms direct marketing as a legal basis for processing by the Controller or Third Party provided that the interests or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not overridden.
An LIA (Legitimate Interest Assessment) was conducted in line with articles 5(2) and 24 to ensure processing is proportionate, reasonable and un-intrusive to individuals on 01.04.18 as set out by the Direct Marketing Association and supported by the Information Commissioner’s office
3. What are VAB Events Ltd Legitimate Interests?
· Visitors would expect digital communication regarding follow- up events regarding timings, the venue and activities at the events prior to the event
· Pre-register visitors for our events to uphold to ensure smooth operations of our events
· To comply with UK health and safety regulations and venue compliance. Clear visibility of visitor numbers is required for health and safety
· By providing your personal information to VAB Events and subsidiary brands In House Recruitment Expo /In House Recruitment Summit upon registering to visit an event you have accepted that you understand and accept this as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data.
· Data will be shared with event suppliers as at 28/03/2018 for the purposes of delegate management, and post event marketing.
· Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties unconnected with In House Recruitment Expo 2018.
4. WHAT DATA WILL THE CONTROLLER COLLECT AND PROCESS?
· The types of personal information collected and stored by VAB Events Ltd and Subsidiary Brands In House Recruitment Expo/ In House Recruitment Expo Summit might include:
Your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and fax number (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”) and as defined within GDPR ‘ necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller” as defined in articles 6(1) (f) and Recital 47 affirms direct marketing as a legal basis for processing by the Controller or Third Party provided that the interests or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not overridden.
· No links to personal or private websites – even if they are in the public domain will be collected, stored or processed.
· VAB Events Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect the following personal information about you in the following ways:
· Any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to VAB Events Ltd to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from VAB Events Ltd subsidiary brands In House Recruitment Expo/ In House Recruitment Expo Summit.
· Any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an VAB Events Ltd website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
· Any other data, which you provide to VAB Events Ltd when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information; and data you provide VAB Events Ltd during any transaction with us.
· VAB Events Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
5. WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE DATA?
The recipients of personal data are limited to
VAB Events Ltd
In House Recruitment Expo Event Registration partner – Jonas Event Technology Ltd
6. WILL THE DATA LEAVE THE UK? IF SO, WHAT SAFEGUARDING MEASURES ARE IN PLACE?
VAB Events Ltd will not permit data to be transferred outside of the UK without the submission of a satisfactory proof of safeguarding and certified privacy shield as laid out in the Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA).
7. HOW LONG WILL THE DATA BE KEPT FOR?
The Retention period for delegates and suppliers will cease on 30/04/2019
The Retention period for VAB Event Ltd will cease on 30/04/2020
All Data Controllers will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when they are in receipt of a data subjects request to do so, whichever is the earlier. The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
8. VAB Events Ltd CONFIRMS THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS TO EACH DATA SUBJECT:
Personal data shall be processed in accordance with Principle 6 of the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act
The right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data
The right to object to processing that is likely to cause, or is causing damage or distress
The right to prevent processing for Direct Marketing
The right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means
The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
The right to make a complaint to a supervisory body
Access to the event known as In House Recruitment Expo 2018, and its associated sessions, networking, facilities and materials are not dependent on consenting to share personal data. Data subjects must still pre -register their attendance prior to attending with In House Recruitment Expo/ In House Recruitment Expo Summit but may decline consent to share data.
In order to protect the rights of those subjects who have given consent to share their personal data, access to personal data will only be available to those who have consented. This will ensure that there is a balance of power; transparency and compliance trail between all parties. No anonymous profiling or data mining will be possible